Monday, June 9, 2008

Seasons of Love

I attended four graduation parties this weekend and enjoyed each one! Duncan's was a concert AND a party! My favorite part was the last song. Duncan asked everyone that had ever performed with him to take the stage. There were high school students, college students, church choir members, Muni cast members and more up there. Most of the people on the stage had no clue they would be invited to sing with Duncan at the concert. Duncan played the piano and his brother Neil sang with him. They gave an awesome performance of Seasons of Love from the musical Rent. There were solos and everything. Best of all, it gave me chills.

So, fast forward to today. I had to go out and buy the Rent soundtrack. I will always think of Duncan and all of his friends when I hear Seasons of Love. Thanks for that wonderful memory!



No comments: